How To Reset Airpods And Airpods Pro
If you have an AirPods or AirPods Pro they have a function to reset them to their default settings. This is very useful if you’re passing down your AirPods or AirPods Pro to your friend or are having some sort of issue with them.
In this guide I will walk through how to reset AirPods And AirPods Pro.
Step by Step Guide How To Reset AirPods And AirPods Pro
- Place your AirPods or AirPods Pro inside their cases and then close the lid.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then lift the lid.
- If you’re using an iOS device, open Settings – Bluetooth and click on the circular ” i“.
- Enter your passcode if you have one set. If not, just press the “Reset” button and AirPods will reset themselves.
- Click “Forget This Device” press again to confirm.
- Open the AirPods or Airpods Pro case lid and then press and hold the button at the back side of your case approximately for 15 seconds or until you get the status light to flash amber.
How do I reset my Airpods Before Selling?
If you’re selling your Airpods, resetting them is a good way to ensure that the buyer gets a fresh pair.
First, turn off iCloud syncing on your device. This will ensure that any changes you make to the Airpods settings on your phone won’t be uploaded back to Apple.
Next, reset your Airpods. To do this,
Hold down the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons simultaneously until the blue light flashes three times and then releases them.
How Do I Factory Reset my Airpods Pro from previous owner?
If you have bought a used AirPods and want to reset your AirPods Pro to default settings.
Open the AirPods case lid and then press and hold the button at the back side of your case approximately for 15 seconds or until you get the status light to flash amber.
Can Airpods be tracked after reset?
If your AirPods have been stolen then reset them, you’ll not be able to locate them with this Find My AirPods feature. You can only tracked your AirPods if they are not reset.
How Do I remove Airpods from someone else’s iCloud?
Place your AirPods into their cases. The device has to be turned off before you can remove it from someone else iCloud. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com Click All Devices Select the device you’d like to remove.