If your Dell laptop freezes, there are number of methods How To Restart Dell Laptop When Frozen.
A frozen Dell laptop can result when the processor operates at low speed or the laptop overheats.
It’s not wise to instantly restart your laptop and lose your work that you didn’t save because you might be able to unfreeze your laptop, we’ll get to that later.
Here are the steps how to restart dell laptop when frozen.
Steps: How To Restart Dell Laptop When Frozen
1. Shortcut Key Combination
Click Ctrl + Alt and Delete buttons simultaneously on your keyboard. This shortcut key combination could work even when your laptop is completely brick. You’ll be taken to the security options screen.
Now simply click on the power button on the right side of the screen and then choose Restart from the drop-down list to get the job done.
However, if the shortcut key combination doesn’t function for you then proceed to the next step.
2. Perform A Hard Reboot
Press and hold power button of your Dell laptop for about 5 to 10 seconds your laptop will shut down. Now you can restart your laptop after few seconds.
Hard rebooting is the process of restarting your laptop manually with alternative methods when your laptop’s OS stops working and stop responding to your commands. It’s not recommended to perform a hard reboot unless there’s a similar to this.
3. Take Out The Battery
Hard reboot is the most reliable solution for this problem, if your laptop’s power button not working than you can remove your laptop’s battery.
If you have a Dell laptop with a removable battery, than this method will be use to restart your dell laptop.
How To Unfreeze Your Dell Laptop?
Imagine you have a crucial project to complete in the middle of your work your laptop goes frozen. Will you try to force restart your laptop and start your work all over again? Or will you wait for it to unfreeze, so that you don’t lose work you’ve already done?
Therefore, you must know how to unfreeze your Dell laptop, Bellow how you can do it:
- The Dell laptop is designed to run all day long, If it is prone to freezing, give it a couple of minutes to recover and it might be able to unfreeze it.
- If not, press Ctrl + Alt and Del at once. If you are able to access the security options choose the Task Manager. You will be able to see which program/app/system has caused the issue and then close that app to unfreeze your laptop.
- If your laptop’s freezing issue is caused by an incompatible webpage or due to an issue with your browser, use shift + escape at the same time (on Chrome and Edge only) to access the task manager in your browser to quickly identify and resolve the problem.
- Try to remove any secondary device attached to your laptop (i.e. USB or external hard disk etc.). It could be one of the dongles that are causing the problem by removing them could cause the laptop to unfreeze.
- Try closing and re-opening your Dell laptop’s lid. This could also do the trick.
If this issue occurs regularly on your laptop, it is best to find out the reason behind these frequent lagging. It could be caused by a variety of factors that ultimately lead to hardware and software failures, it could be because of malware/virus too. It is recommended to conduct the troubleshooting first.
How do I turn off my Dell laptop not responding?
Press and Hold power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Remove the power cable then take out the battery for Dell laptops with removable battery to turn off your Dell Laptop that not responding.
Why is my laptop frozen and not responding?
Most often, it’s related to software, or your laptop running multiple programs, which causes it to freeze. Other reasons, such as the insufficient space on your hard drive or driver-related issues which can also cause a laptop to stop responding.
This article will guide you the steps by step procedure how to restart Dell laptop when frozen. Laptops run on a myriad of tiny electronic components that can frozen or hang up in the event they are unable to meet your requirement. However, don’t worry as you’ll still be able to reboot and restart the system.